Thursday, August 14, 2014

Before summer started I wrote this below.  I have found out new truths about myself and my family.  Can I reenter that world and be a new found me, brushing aside all the old habits that caused me pain? Can I stay strong against the tide?  I know I will not be alone, for my God will walk beside me.

June 2014
Why do I so badly want to be someone else but me? I wish for a different body, skin, hair, temperament, lifestyle, status. All of what makes me uniquely me.

I know I am not alone in this desire as I hear the words "I wish" come from others mouths throughout the day. Everybody wishing away the days desiring to be someone else. 

If only I could accept the "wonderfully knitted together" me, my "all the days ordained" life, and "sing the song" he has put in my soul. 

Jealousy I have found you and seek to rid you from my mind. For my God created me just as he wanted. Would I reject a handcrafted gift from my father saying "it is not good enough"? Doesn't a father know what a child needs and doesn't he sacrifice everything for his daughter, dressing her in beauty. What in nature when you stop and look deeply is not incredibly gorgeous? Does the black and yellow swift bubble bee seek to be a ocean water polished pebble? No, each seek to be as created. Uniquely themselves. Can I be unique me? 

I shall spend my summer finding just who God knit me together to be. Shelly 


For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV)

He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. (Psalm 40:3 NIV)